torsdag 6 november 2008

Emo stuff!

Best get this over with right away:

I have gone about one week in total without wanting to kill myself during the last three years. I've got it all planned out, what the suicide letter's gonna say, exactly where on the station I will be jumping in front of what type of train, it's all brilliantly planned!

There's only one little flaw...that the intense feeling of despair that is commonly associated with depression also tends to bring with it a similar feeling of disability and lethargy. So during the periods when the mood is the lowest, the eagerness to actually have a go at things, including suicide, is equally low, which makes the whole thing rather pointless! In fact, you might as well forget I ever said anything on the matter.

And suicide is not a cop-out for cowards! Suicide is like a general retreating after his forces having been defeated in battle. It wasn't because of cowardice that Robert E. Lee retreated at Gettysburg, it was because his army had been beaten after a long, hard and bloody battle.
That's what suicide is, finally succumbing to defeat after having fought for a long time.

See, now that's exactly what I'm talking about in this, my, blog; Up The Arts, the little corner of the internet that tries to put a smile on the faces of humans everywhere, but doesn't!

...where was I? Lost my train of thought there, what with all the references to Stephen Fry and all.

Oh, right, misery!

I do NOT pity myself! Self pity is the cause of all evil. The one thing that pushes away other human beings and makes you hate yourself and everything around you is self pity. I do NOT feel sorry for myself.
I feel like crap most of the time, I sure do, but I've got it good! Sure, life likes to fuck with me and God seems to think I need to be taught some kind of harsh lesson or another, but I don't think that is necessarily all that bad.
Just because the circumstances are lousy doesn't mean life is crap, if it weren't for this nasty mental illness I'm suffering from I would be perfectly cheerful because my life is bloody good!

So, don't pity yourself, it only hurts you even more!

Oh dammit, in one single post I have managed to become everything I hate about bloggers...

That's irony for you folks! Good night!

Inga kommentarer: