tisdag 17 februari 2009

Bon Jovi!

I guess it was unavoide...unavoidy...couldn't be avoided, the spotlight falls on Bon Jovi!

I remember the first time I started listening to them, it was my older brother who played lots of their music on his brand new overpowered stereo. At the time, I thought it was Bryan Adams, because as weird as it sounds, I knew roughly nothing about rock music and just associated with the closest thing I had heard that far.

Then my younger brother became a HUGE fan of Bon Jovi, fascinatingly enough, and he never missed an opportunity to help the rest of the family listen to his ever growing number of records.

At this point I knew roughly two songs: "I'll Be There For You" and "Livin' On A Prayer", by the way.

So here's what I did: I drove my little brother away from the computer and punched up the Crush Tour Live-DVD, and I listened...and listened, until it was late at night and I was dead tired, but I had discovered a veritable pot of golden rock.

Now, the rest could very well have been history, if it hadn't been for the fact that it was not.

Being the unforgivable nerd and arrogant jerk that I am, I suggest ones in music class that maybe my ensemble should perform "Bed of Roses". See, in my gratuitous self-glorification, I actually pretended like I could sing that song with any dignity. So, that's what happened, on a concert in school I was stuck in front of a bunch of high-school students, and I was verily singing "Bed Of Roses". I personally felt like I fell flat on my face with a dreadful performance, but naturally everyone around me lied through their teeth and said it was beautiful.

And as the ultimate useless anecdote, during my first year of high school, my interest in Bon Jovi lead fate to be nice for once and throw a person my way, whom just so happens to be the biggest fan of Bon Jovi I have ever met.
You know damn well who you are, and you still mean a whole fucking lot to me!

Inga kommentarer: