onsdag 15 december 2010

Change!

I don't like when things change. In general, I'd like things to stay the same forever.

However, I want things to improve, so they have to change in order for me to get what I want. The eternal paradox of my existence.

The main problem with change is that it's not a game of sums, or at least it isn't in my case.

Let's say you lose a friend, but gain another friend. Some may think that you come out even, but the gaining of a friend doesn't change the fact that you lost one.

After all, people aren't just numbers, every friend is different, so losing one means losing a unique individual.

I don't like losing friends, and it seems to hit me particularly hard when I've been alienated from one, and no other friend will ever be able to replace that person, because they aren't the same.

In the words of Cardew Robinson; "They say when you gain a lover, you begin to lose a friend, that the end of the beginning's the beginning of the end".

Inga kommentarer: