tisdag 26 april 2011

Antiques Roadshow!

See, I've been watching the swedish version of the Antiques Roadshow (Antikrundan) for quite awhile now.

Now and then, people bring in paintings that turn out to be made by Picasso, and are worth umpteen hundred thousands.

That got me thinking, what if I were to suddenly find myself in posession of a genuine Picasso?

Well, I think I'd sell it. Honestly, I couldn't really appreciate such a painting. I'm no expert on paintings, and they don't really appeal that much to me. Quite frankly, the money would be much more useful than the painting ever could.

A fine bottle of whisky, that I can appreciate. An exceptional electric guitar, very much so. But a painting? Nope

Also, the problem is that having quite an average home, looking pretty average in all regards would look ridiculous with a genuine Picasso on a wall somewhere. It'd be the tackiest, most tasteless display of wealth, very "The Great Gatsby", no matter how queer or oblique that reference is.

So, I'd sell it to someone who can really appreciate it, and I'd get the money which I can most certainly appreciate!

Inga kommentarer: