tisdag 19 april 2011

Guilty pleasures!

I'm sure we all have them, but I'm the only one stupid enough to actually list them.

I'd just like to preface it with that I'm not actually ashamed of the things listed here. I'm actually quite proud of them, as they are evidence of unique a unique blend of characteristics. That said, I know that I'm not supposed to like these things, as if I give a shit.

I'll just list them in no particular order. Oh, and it's all music.

¤ Barry Manilow. I find that he's got a wonderful singing voice, is a really good pianist and a great entertainer. Mandy is a really good song, and some of his covers of other people's songs I enjoy just as much as the original, or, as in the case of Unchained Melody, more, as I feel he's made the very best version of the song. This is doubly a guilty pleasure because one of my favourite songs by him is "Can't Smile Without You", which is what could be considered "Dansband" in Sweden.

¤ Westlife. Now, now, don't beat me down over it just yet. There's a lot of shit to be had here, but they have a number of great songs, my big favourite of which is "Flying Without Wings". Sure, they are a bunch of pretty-boys making sweet-as-sugar songs, but there are quite some good ones in there.

¤ "Jag Tycker Om När Du Tar På Mig" by Per Gessle. I can't hide it, I love that song. It's silly, corny and some other adjectives ending with -y, but I love it. The whole feel of the song is just so ridiculously romantic, and those words happen to be the best description you'll find of my approach to love.

¤ Michael Bolton. Pretty much the same reason as the one above; his songs are corny as all hell, but that's fine, because they are so bloody romantic!

¤ The Osmonds...nah, just kidding, I'm not THAT stupid!

Inga kommentarer: