onsdag 13 oktober 2010

The day draws nearer...

Very soon I shall be standing in front of what will hopefully be a room full of people, trying to make them laugh.

It's not really the thought of doing that in particular that absolutely scares the living shit out of me, it's more the whole idea of preparing for it. Sitting and thinking about which bits will work and which won't, which suits the mood of the room, which I'll know nothing about whatsoever, it all gets on my nerves.

I don't just want to step up and perform, I want to win. Heck, I know it's not a competition, but I wanna leave that night knowing I was THAT guy, that guy who everybody will be remembering as the guy who went in there and rocked the bloody room!

At least I know that I, unlike the audience possibly critically observing what I do, I had the guts to get up on that stage!

Inga kommentarer: