lördag 16 oktober 2010

The road goes ever on and on...

On the bus back home yesterday, something struck me.

No, it wasn't the stench of drunken adolescents puking (Lovely, wouldn't you say?), it was the thought that I'm doing something quite special when I'm doing standup.

See, I've never wanted to be an ordinary guy; I never wanted to be the kind of guy who has an ordinary job until retirement, at which point I kick back until I decay. To say I've always been meant for greatness would be presumptuous of me, but I have always had this idea that I would like to do something...out of the ordinary; entertain people, be seen by scores of people, on a stage, doing something I'm good at, something I have a flair for.

I've only just started it, but it feels like this is what I should be doing! It feels like I'm making an impression, and like it's something I wanna work on. It feels like I'm on the right course! This isn't make belief, this is real!

Inga kommentarer: